Family Service Assistant
Hiring Caring Professionals with Big Hearts
If you have a heart for helping people and are comfortable dealing with sensitive topics like death and dying, then we’ve got the job for you.
As a Family Service Assistant, you will work closely with a funeral director and/or funeral director apprentice to aid community members in their loved one’s visitation and funeral service.
This includes helping with …
- Greeting guests during services at a funeral home, church, or other venue
- Flower and memorabilia display set up
- Serving and replenishing food and beverages
- Cleaning and light maintenance of the buildings
This position is located in Hudson and Baldwin with casual and flexible work hours, both on weekdays and weekends.
This position is part time and pays $18/hour. This position is not eligible for health, dental, or retirement benefits, however, we offer yearly clothing allowances for suits and other business-related wear.
O’Connell Funeral Homes creates a safe space and healthy foundation for grief and healing to those suffering a loss. We also foster a fun, growth-oriented culture for our employees.
- Be comfortable with situations like homicide, suicide or death of infants/children.
- Have excellent oral communication skills.
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds or greater.
- Be able to multitask, prioritize, and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Be flexible with work schedule to help on weekends, evenings, and sometimes holidays.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
If you’d like to be considered for this position, please fill out the form below & upload your resume.