Funeral Director Apprentice
Hiring Professionals with Big Hearts
If you have a passion for helping people and would be comfortable receiving hands-on burial prep and cremation training, then we’ve got the job for you!
As a Funeral Director Apprentice, you will work closely with a licensed funeral director to aid community members in their loved one’s all-around planning for their visitation and funeral service.
- Reporting to places of death to bring the deceased into our care
- Preparing the deceased for cremation or traditional services
- Meeting with families to plan funeral arrangements
- Coordinating all of the details the family has requested
- Overseeing and running visitations, funerals, memorial services, graveside services, and celebration of life
The best part? The State of Wisconsin offers a unique apprenticeship program that gives you direct experience to be able to successfully do all of the above. No experience in the funeral industry? Not to fret – we will train as well as help pay for the apprenticeship course and license.
This position is located in Hudson and Baldwin, is full time, and pays a competitive salary based on experience and background. This position includes a scheduled on-call weekday and weekend rotation. You will also be eligible for health, dental, retirement benefits, and yearly clothing and cell-phone allowances.
- Be able to handle situations like homicide, suicide or death of infants/children.
- Be comfortable learning and performing embalming and cremation procedures.
- Have excellent oral communication skills.
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 100 pounds or greater.
- Be able to multitask, prioritize, and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have a team player, go-getter mentality