Losing a loved one is one of the most significant and stressful life events that all humans must experience. Navigating grief will be different for each person but it can be really helpful to validate the sadness before trying to move through it.
Affirmations are a helpful tool for dealing with intense feelings of grief and loss. An affirmation is a declaration that brings clarity to the present moment. During difficult times, affirmations can help steady your emotions and create a more positive mindset. As you go through the grieving process, take some quiet moments to connect with yourself and use affirmations that resonate in a positive way.
Below are 20 affirmations that can help shift your mind:
1. I release the tension in my body and relax.
2. I allow myself to feel my grief and then let go.
3. I can focus on being productive today.
4. I take comfort in the memories of my loved one.
5. I recognize painful moments but I know it will pass.
6. I will hold on to love and release the grief.
7. I can feel happy and hopeful today.
8. I choose to feel the presence of my loved one.
9. I give myself time and space to feel all my feelings.
10. I will give myself a break today.
11. I can be gentle with myself as I heal.
12. My heart feels lighter today.
13. It’s okay that I need time to grieve.
14. I will take the time to care for my needs today.
15. It’s okay to feel overwhelmed but I will feel better soon.
16. I can cope with the grieving process.
17. I can ask for help if I need it.
18. I will accomplish my goals today.
19. I feel grateful for all the love in my life.
20. I choose to feel at peace today.
Utilize these affirmations by saying them out loud, or just thinking about them with focused intention.
Receive positive affirmations to your inbox to help you refocus each day.
Contact O’Connell Family Funeral Homes if you are having a difficult time in your grief journey, and would like some healing resources.